Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Kid Quotes

The kids have said some hilarious things lately.  These are my favorite things to read when I go back through  my blog.  Also the things I swear I will remember to blog and sometimes I forget them almost instantly.  Here are 3 I managed to remember (because how could I not?)

The kids wanted to sleep on the trampoline on Friday night.  Like any good (or not good?) mom, I let them.  I knew it probably wouldn't last and I was okay with that.  They are a bit young.
I unintentionally scared them when we went out to settle them in.  I saw a bunch of food that they had left by the tramp.  I said, "If you guys keep leaving food out here, we are going to get rats!"  As soon as it was out of my mouth, I knew I had said something I shouldn't.  So I wasn't surprised when Ben wandered in a few seconds later and said he was scared.  But I wasn't expecting him to say he was scared of "rats and hippos."  I laughed out loud.  But happily settled him into his bed and slept through the night calmly in my bed knowing that at least he was in bed safe.
In the morning I found both girls' sleeping bags inside.  One was wet enough to suggest that someone stayed out until the dew fell.  The girls told me that Sarah was the one who made it the longest.

This quote may be a bit of an overshare, but it is too funny.  I took Sarah with me to try on bras because mine was breaking and I was desperate and short on time.  I have a hard time finding bras small enough for me.  I put on one and she said, "Mom, it looks like you could fit 2 or 3 legos inside there."  Yes, yes indeed.

Today in church Ben was listening to the speaker who said something about the Holy Ghost.  Ben asked Derek what the Holy Ghost is.  Derek said, "The Holy Ghost helps you choose the right."  Ben instantly replied, "But dad, I always go right, I never go left!"

On the way out of church today I was walking with a 90 year old sister.  Libby came and randomly handed me the handout she got from church (which incidentally was a fly swatter, still not sure what that was about), walked around to our sweet 90 year old and offered to carry her bag for her.  So proud of my Libby for offering that!

No comments: