Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, June 22, 2015

Proud Mommy #3: Libby

Here is what I wrote in my journal about Libby:
"I am so proud of Libby because she overcame or dealt with and lived through so some tough friend stuff.  Her reading and writing improved 100,000x.  Her math skills improved.  She continues to rock spelling.  She is a scooter riding amazing girl.  She has such great command of her body.  She was forgiving to me.  She has learned to cook a few things too."
And today I would add that she finished her dance career well!  She has been begging to switch to gymnastics for years.  I made her stick it out until Dance Arts 2.  She did it.  Now she can switch (starting this summer) and I am excited to see where this will lead her.  (Even though I wish she was a dancer like me--only better).  
Libby's dance was "When You Wish Upon a Star."  It was beautiful.  She really nailed it Friday night.  

Libby's teacher, Mrs. Jenks.  She really loved Libby and worked hard to help her live up to her potential.  

This crazy class!  Seriously, this a bit like a Molotov Cocktail of personalities and challenges.  No teacher should have had all these kids in one room.  But Mrs. Jenks made it!  And we survived.  And they actually learned along the way!

Depending on the day, these were two of Libby's besties.  And worst Frenemies.  And then besties again.  It was a bit brutal.  But they ended the year as friends.  It is always tricky with a group of 3.

These two!  I'm so glad they are so close.  

Her last recital. 

No comments: