Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 12, 2015

BP Launch and a Sparkler Backfire

This post is really a public service announcement.  I had a fabulous time launching BODYPUMP 94 with the amazing Donna Call.    Afterward with did some little fireworks and had popsicles (you know, encouraging healthy eating habits...).  I learned a little lesson.  I have always lit sparklers one at a time.  You know, light one, then light the rest from the lit one?  Well, this time I thought it would be faster to light a whole bundle of them with a lighter.  At once.  Not a good idea.  2 bad things happened.  One, a large fireball torched my thumb.  AND, I would have considered this a worthwhile sacrifice had it worked.  BUT, all the sparklers somehow in their collective heat burned all the way out all at once in the initial burst that burnt my thumb.  So, people, don't get too excited about lighting your sparklers.  One at a time.  Save your thumbs and your sparklers.  (Don't get too concerned.  Thanks to my naturally protective thumbnail and a lot of ice water once we got home and I was totally fine in the morning--not true of the rest of my body.  BP 94 annihilated me.  I was sore for several days.  Wow.)

I love working with Donna because she is a choreography master.  And don't we look so cute?  We only coordinated the socks.  But everything else worked out perfectly!  I am, by the way, trying to look tough.  I just look somewhat confused.  Hmmm...

No comments: