Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, July 31, 2015

Libby's Baptism Weekend Festivities

As soon as the Fillmores left, we moved into Baptism Festivities.  Randalls poured into town and filled up our house.  It was AMAZING to have so much family in town.
Here are the highlights of the trip--outside of the baptism (that gets its own post).

Libby LOVED cuddling with Auntie Rachel's belly.  We spent the weekend discussing their name choices.  Lots of people are down on the name DEXTER (mainly because of the serial killer show connection) so we were trying to weigh in on the side of GAVIN.  Now they are thinking of DEVIN, a combo name that is an actual name.  Either way, we are excited for Rachel's baby to be here already, in October that is.  

Libby was super excited about her gift from Uncle Davey.

Look who surprised Rachel?  It was the most stressed out I have ever been, since I was the only one who knew he was coming.  I couldn't blow it!  And, I managed to keep the secret.  Whew!  He walked into Red Robin and the only one happier than Rachel was me.  Then we proceeded to have a pretty rotten Red Robin experience.  But it was probably good they took so long, since it took awhile for Derek to bring him from the airport.  

Libby's birthday dessert request.  What she really wanted was pound cake.  Whip cream on the side.  So she didn't really even eat this I don't think.  Typical!

That night we went to the Aquasox game because we couldn't use Derek's free tickets for the Mariners on a Friday night.  It was a fun game.  But it got SUPER cold.  Who knew?  We forgot it could do that.  (It is back up to record high temps, btw).

The kids convinced everyone they could to buy them food.  This was a gift from Maren.  Disgusting dip n dots.  Then they spent most of the game rolling down the hill.  

Brad and Ray Ray enjoying the game.  

Libby demonstrating the "Stale French Fry" dance move.  We learned it from a pitcher.  Amazing.  

Almost the whole crew went onto the field to sing for the 7th inning stretch.  I couldn't get out there to capture a pic, but here they are coming back off the field.  

Some people had to work, and I loved this product placement moment.  

Sunday was the baptism--and Libby loved it.  But Monday was the day she had been waiting for!  She got her American Girl Doll and her ears pierced.  She named her doll Josie.  I love it!

Sarah held her hand while she got her ears pierced while everyone else took photos and video.  Libby got a little teared up.  I held her after and asked, "Was it worth it?"  she nodded an emphatic, yet tearful, yes!

After a lunch at Cafe Rio we went downtown to the Seattle Center.  My sis-in-law Bryn hadn't ever been to Seattle, so we wanted to show her a bit. But since she is 9 months pregnant, the Seattle Center seemed like a place where she could see things without too much walking.  And it was still a little too much walking.  But the kids played on the playground and in the fountain.  My kids loved the fountain.  James was still a little young to want such a powerful spray on him.  But he loved the water when the fountain wasn't spraying.  

Shaved ice and Ivar's ended a beautiful day and an amazing trip.  It is always so fun to have family visit.  And sad to see them go.

Ben was hilarious the whole trip.  My favorite quotes:

At Ivar's he wanted to ride home with Grandma.  This meant I had to switch car seats, so when he asked I just gave him a look that said, "NOOOOO!"  He responded to my silence, "I'll just take that as a YES."  And headed out after Grandma.

Just before that he was munching his fish and started crying.  I asked him what was wrong.  He said through the tears, "I forgot which hand my fish was in."

Earlier that day at the mall, I saw him throwing money into the fountain.  I commented that I wondered where he got the money from.  He came back and instantly said, "I stole all the money from your wallet to throw in the fountain.  Can I have some more?"

No comments: