Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Libby's Baptism


Program design by Jeff Barlow, so thankful he shared his talents with us!
How do I blog about the sacred?  Usually my blog is about the fun, funny and not so funny ups and downs of being a Mormon Mommy.  I post to boast (a little), I post to remember, I post to get another laugh (or 2 or 3) out of the things my kids have said and done.  But tonight I'm posting full of gratitude for my daughter, my husband, my family, my faith and my God.  I'm thankful for the Bible and the Book of Mormon, and I know that their teachings about baptism are true.  I felt the power of the ordinance as I hugged my daughter as she came up out of the water and into my arms full of joy.  I felt it when many of our friends, family, and loved ones put their hands on her head to give her the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I love the gospel and I love that I can share this memory with my blog readers.  
If I could tell Libby about the things that I remember about her baptism, I would tell her this:
A lot of people came a long way to show their love and support of your decision!
Your ward family also came out in force!  We had to add extra chairs to the overflow room we were using.
You were beaming with excitement the whole day!
You stood up and welcomed everyone with a beautiful talk where you shared how you had felt the Holy Ghost confirming your decision to be baptized.
When Grammy and Grandma Debbi asked you questions you answered them so beautifully.  You were so prepared for this day! (Grammy even had you read scriptures and you read them perfectly!)
(Ben only answered one before you could--"JESUS!")
And remember that I love you and I was (and always will be) so so proud of you!

We did a pre-baptism photo shoot outside the church.  Derek took a picture with his dad in this exact spot.  I'll have to try and find the picture.  

Libby is wearing a dress that her Grandma Geneva made for Aunt Alayne.  All the Norton girls wore it, then all the Barrett girls.  I had to put new elastic in, but it still looks fabulous.  


Siblings!

Grandma and Grandpa Randall

Uncle Clark

Uncle Davey

Bryn, Brian and James (such troopers to drive all the way up here when Bryn is just weeks from her due date.  And in a car full of vomit for the last 10 hours to boot!)

All the Randalls that could make it!

Two of our very special Aunties, Maren (and actual Aunt) and Jen (the next closest thing to an Aunt)

Libby's Primary teacher, Sis. Mc Eachern 

We didn't get all the Nortons together, but in this post they are all represented.  The Barretts had a memorial service, so they sadly had to miss it.  
I didn't get a picture of all the men who stood in the circle for the confirmation, but the list includes:
Derek Norton, Brion Norton, Kelly Randall, Brian Randall, Brad Cottle, Preston Thorne, Bishop Isaacson, Jeff Barlow, Jared Boundy, Michael Deardeuff.  She was surrounded by a whole lot of love!  

After the baptism, the celebration at our house included shredded pork tacos and apple crisp.  I was too busy to get pictures, but it was a wonderful event!   

No comments: