Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, August 31, 2015

Monkey Business

This was one of the busiest and most fun weeks of summer.  The weather was good (until it got really really really scarily bad), and we had all kinds of adventures.  I'll let the pictures tell the story.  (I feel that I should explain myself for having so many pictures of Ben.  But then you look at the pictures and you can see why.  He is irresistibly cute.)
And can I just say I can't WAIT for school to start.  Even though I'm going to miss these kids like crazy, providing structure for them while still trying to get other things done is KILLER.  
We played a lot of dress up.  Ben rocked a few different singlets, and for the first time tried on wrestling shoes.  He loved the whole thing.  But one more year to wait before he gets to try actually wrestling.  Mom's orders.  Dad would like it to be sooner I think.  

Thank goodness it was washable marker.  And thank goodness she actually checked before she drew mustaches on herself and Ben.  These were for some theatrical adventure as well.  And I think she did this (like she did so many other things this week) LEFT HANDED.  And no complaints.  This girl is a rock star when injured.  Derek was complaining a bit about how awkwardly she was eating dinner this week.  Then I reminded him.  Her right arm is broken.  She's eating left handed.  


We finally made it to a Mariner's game.  Finally!  Thanks to Uncle Clark for coming with us.  Somehow I didn't get a pic of him.  The Mariner's actually won!



We got to meet an actual ball girl after the game (one of Derek's coworker's daughters).

A dancing show!  Put on by our dance troupe.  It was amazing.  Everybody CLAP YOUR HANDS!  (I think it's called the Charlie Brown Shuffle?)  They were all matchy matchy with jackets that they peeled off to reveal blue t-shirts.  This is SO something I would do.  The Weeks went to visit friends for the weekend and my kids were SO bored without them.  They kept saying, "We wish we were in Spanaway too!"

And Ben discovered he can climb into his lockers.  I promptly bought padlocks for most of them since he can't get back out.  Whew.

Seattle Center has an amazing fountain and wading pool that we visited on Thursday.  A lot of walking for this cripple, but it was worth it, because the girls all had so much fun.  

As I took this pic I said, "Mountlake Ward Forever!"  Man we had a good time all living in that ward with so many families in just our stage of life.

And Libby lost another tooth.  And the tooth fairy forgot to come last night.  I told her the tooth fairy might pay her a late fee for forgetting.

We had a neighborhood party yesterday.  We have some pretty fun neighbors.  And, out of all the kids there (including some older ones) Ben was the only boy.  Poor kid, or lucky guy, depending on your perspective.  

And we went shopping for laundry room flooring.  And I just bought a new utility sink online.  So, when I told Derek I could do the whole room for $500....I might have underestimated.  By about a thousand dollars.  Oops.  

No comments: