Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 16, 2015

"Relaxing" Trish Style

So I did a lot of relaxing this week.  Honestly.  Enough that I got to bed at night and my body was like, what did you do all day?  I'm not tired because you didn't move around enough. So I had to take melatonin to get to sleep.  But gradually I increased my activity until I was basically up and around all day on Thursday and Friday.  I crashed pretty hard on Friday afternoon.  But then Saturday I was good to go...I ditched the crutches early in the week except in public.  And then by Thurs/Friday, I even felt safe in public without them.  
Everyday had a certain rhythm.  Morning, training appts.  11:30, swimming lessons for the kids, and afternoon resting/reading.  I could get used to this having time to read thing.  I've been reading Scott Turow again.  Love his stuff.  And love that my library has this amazing e-checkout e book setup.  I checked out several books over this weekend, plowing through the mystery and reading bits of the investment and other nonfiction books.  
I had Derek put the recliner in our bedroom.  I used it a fair amount.  It was good to have my leg up and keep my ice in place.  But the kids took it over when I wasn't using it.  Libby did a good job reading to Ben.  

Ben at swimming lessons.  He spends about 1/2 of the time with his head underwater.  He just goes under and up, under and up.  He is learning to kick and propel himself through water.  This is good, since if you are a reader of this blog and keeping track, he has already been rescued by life guards 2x in his young life.  The sooner he actually learns to swim, the better.  His teacher had  to rescue him once this week too, so I guess that makes 3 times.

The girls wrote a play and did it for FHE last week.  It was hilarious.  Ben was supposed to be a monster, but instead of his costume, he stripped down to his new boxer briefs and gave us an entirely different kind of show.  I was laughing too hard for pictures.  

Saturday was the Celebrate Shoreline Festival.  Brion and Geneva accompanied us.  Brion pays for the kids to ride the horses.  I walked around and sat on the grass when I got tired.  It is a great little festival.  


The petting zoo is awesome.  

Ben's bunny kept nuzzling him.  

We got free face painting from a booth that does some kind of car replacement thing.  

Sarah's kitty.  

Then we got hair chalk.  Ben's looked stellar!

Libby ran into a friend there, so she ditched us and spent time with her friend.
Then I went home and put my feet up and Grammy helped them get a few more free things.

After the Taste we continued on the Star Wars journey.  I have been introducing the kids to the original trilogy.  We watched the last part of the Empire Strikes Back and the first part of Return of the Jedi.  Good times.  All day Ben keeps telling people that Jabba the Hut died!  

No comments: