Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Quotes for the Week

Ben says so many funny things right now.  I need to be following him around with a tape recorder.  But one that I remember, I ate a couple of chips from his little bag (he is obsessed with little bags of Classic Lays).  I gave them back and walked away and heard him yell, "YOU CALL THAT A COUPLE!?!  I WANT A NEW BAG!"

But the quote that is my favorite was Derek this week.  I was resting on the couch.  Ben came crying to the stairwell and told Derek that Libby had hit him.  Derek called Libby and I heard him say, "You can't just go off and slug your little brother."  Derek said this.  The one who slugged his little brother relentlessly from the time he could punch.  I had a big chuckle about the "do what I say, not what I did style of parenting."  He did have to admit he saw why it was funny, but said, it wasn't the same.  For Libby to hit Ben is more like as if he had "gone off and slugged" his little sister Leanne.  Which apparently he did not.  Hahahaha parenting.


1 comment:

Leanne said...

It's true. D never up and slugged me. Although, I, admittedly, cheap shotted him once, right after his mission, and boy did the I get his verbal wrath. I was definitely never going to cheap shot D ever again.