Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, August 31, 2015

Black Beauty the Beast

My poor poor van.  It has taken so much abuse.  Mostly from me.  I have backed into a parked car, hit a van pulling into a parking spot, hit a cement berm in a parking lot.  Then add to that the Honda technician who took it for a test drive after a brake repair only to get nailed by another driver.  Oh yeah, and the cooler I hit driving to Utah a few years back.  Well, Derek (the best driver in the family according to our children and to him), had a little incident this week.  Black Beauty (that's his truck) gave my van a little kiss (or as my friend described it, a full on makeout session).  
I (in his defense) had parked my van in a place I don't usually park it.  And (also in his defense) it was 2:50 am and he was on his way to work.  But he said, NO, don't defend it.  I just shouldn't have backed without looking.  So, if you see me rocking a rental car you'll know why.  But don't mention it to Derek.  His cop buddies are already giving him enough grief.  

No comments: