Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Christmas Break Surprise #1

This week we started a new tradition.  Christmas Break Surprise Adventures.  Almost every afternoon, we went on an adventure.  But we wouldn't tell the kids what it was going to be.  It drove them NUTS trying to figure it out.  Nuts in a good way.  And it was so fun, and so nice after the stress of the last month.
Adventure #1:  Bowling.  None of our kids had ever been bowling.  I couldn't believe it when I thought about it.  I love bowling!  And bumper bowling makes it so much more fun for kids.  (And adults sometimes too, I admit, I used a bumper a time or two as I was getting my bowling groove back.  And I think Derek did once as well, but he probably wouldn't want me to share that tidbit.)  

Sarah got the award for best follow through (she would hold her follow through, Granny or regular) almost until the ball hit the pins.  Unless of course she accidentally stepped across the line and fell down.  Which happened a few times.  

I think Libby hit the bumpers the most, as in she hit them just about every time, multiple times.  

Ben used the bumpers the least.  His balls rolled so slowly that at times we didn't think they would make it.  But they always did.  (Once the ball arrived while the lane cleaner thing was still down.  Oops!)

He got so excited every time!  Notice his ball is still rolling back there, it hasn't even arrived at the pins and he is excited.  
It was just so fun to spend time all together!

No comments: