Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Week in Pictures

This little guy steals my heart every day.  One night at the end of dinner I had the girls clear their plates while Ben and I were still finishing up.  He was assigned to dinner clean up this week.  He said, "Mom, you fill my heart with LOVE."  Why?  Because I made the girls do part of his job!
I was also SUPER proud of him this week because we had his eye appointment to get a new prescription (his glasses have never turned up).  He was SO good for the drops.  He just let the eye doctor put drops in without freaking out at all.  Just sat there calmly.  So I bought him a Minion.
And, just a note.  If you were thinking of buying some kid flexible glasses frames yourself and then having Costco put in the lenses to save yourself a boatload of money--THINK AGAIN!  Costco doesn't put lenses in frames like that.  So, I ended up spending more and having to go away from his signature color (he's going navy blue instead of green) because I ASSUMED Costco would put lenses in any frames.  BLAH!  But he should have glasses by the next week's post.  Hopefully.  

My kids love taking pics in retail establishments.  Seriously.  


Ben in his BEDTIME BANDIT Jammies with his new Bandit stuffie.  They are always using their spending money on more and more toys.  I want them to have money, but I want them to spend it on better things.  How to do this?

We went to the last Shorewood match this week.  This season went pretty quickly.  This week Einstein starts and then districts are this coming weekend.  It's been a "rebuilding" season in many ways.  But the boys stepped up and beat Meadowdale!

Maybe this is a sign that Whole30 is giving me more energy, but I took the kids swimming yesterday.  It was super fun.  Ben still thinks he can swim, so I have to watch him every second.  Sarah passed the swim test and went off the diving board for the first time yesterday (and then did it again and again).  I was super proud of her!  Libby also passed the test and went off the diving board at least 20 times I think.  But, note to self, if they are eating whole30 and then do something intense like swimming, you better have some serious snacks on hand and make a super filling dinner (which I didn't).  Oops.  But we ate a whole package of pepperoni, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries after our post dinner trip to Target and we all felt better.  

1 comment:

Taylor said...

We were struggling with the allowance thing too. A. would always just spend it on toys, not just toys but dumb toys that would break in a few minutes. Now we make them put 10% in tithing, 40% in savings and the rest they can spend on what they want (within reason). Savings the kids can't use until they reach a certain amount and we also have to approve the purchase. So far it is working better.