Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yep.  I'm 39.  And Sarah's comment was our favorite.  "Mom, now you are the same age Martin Luther King Jr. was when he died!"  Hmmm....
I got my hair done as my big birthday gift.  And Derek got me an olive oil mister.  (Little did he know that it would be perfect for my decision later in the week to start whole30 with the family--heaven help us!)
But I had a birthday tradition epiphany as we rolled home from the Olive Garden birthday dinner (full belly rolling and driving).  What I wanted from the kids was for them to each read me a bedtime story.  Yep, turnabout IS fair play.  I have been reading to them all these years.  So I let them each pick a book and read to me.  Best birthday gift ever.  I love that my kids are growing up.  (And I hate it at the same time, but more love than hate).
In process-literally.

Finished product.  

Sarah's book choice.  So cute to hear her read Tikki Tikki Tembo (and the rest of the name) over and over.  Love this book.  

Ben was stressing this idea at first.  But he "read" It's Not Fair pretty well!  I helped him a bit, but he enjoyed "reading" to me. 
 Libby read me Eli.  Somehow I didn't get a pic with her.  It is a long long book.  But we made it!


Derek got me an ice cream cake.  It was really yummy!  And I will savor the memory this month while I don't eat any sugar.  

No comments: