Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, January 18, 2016

Lessons in Love

Last weekend we had a our official FHE (and 2016 family outing planning session) on Sunday.  Derek was gone on Monday night (see Japanese Visitors post for details on his adventures), so I took the kids to Safeway for FHE.  We needed to get some food for the week.  I told them that they could each choose a treat.  They also all brought their allowance so they could buy something extra if they wanted to.  Libby whispered to me that she was going to buy a candy for Sarah and Ben.  Then she announced loudly that she was going to buy candy for her friends at school.  During the trip to the store she was so very focused on what she was going to buy her "friends from school" that she even forgot to pick a treat for herself.  As they were getting in bed I asked if she wanted to come and "help me" as Sarah was falling asleep so she could set out the candy.  Libby wanted to wait until Sarah was asleep.  I knew it was very likely that Libby (who takes melatonin) would fall asleep first, but I didn't want to mess with her plan for her gift.  So I finished my work for the night and went to bed about 2 hours later with the candy bars still sitting on my office table.  Imagine my surprise when I found these the next morning.  Derek said her heard her get up and write the notes and set out bars sometime after midnight.  
I never realized how much my kids would teach me.  
  



2 comments:

Sweet Utah said...

This is so precious! i love that sweet Libby!!

Debbi said...

Perfect Mom moment. Soak the sweetness of that surprising and precious girl.