Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, March 21, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day

For me the only real way to celebrate St. Patrick's day is with food.  I even forgot to wear green until late in the afternoon.
Breakfast was green eggs and bacon with green milk on a green plate.

Lunch was mostly green too.  

And then for dinner we had corned beef and cabbage, potatoes (the real Irish food), soda bread, carrots, and green salad.  We ate with Leroy (Derek's former work wife who has now transferred to the training unit), Mike (who we also don't get to see much anymore), and my favorite teacher colleague, Heidi (she wanted to help me win a million with my Safeway monopoly quest, so we arranged the ticket handoff at dinner).  It was a delicious day.  I am always so thankful when the decision about what to cook is simplified!

No comments: