Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 13, 2016

FishBoppsTietheKnot

Teachers don't have favorite students.  Right?  Okay, maybe they like some a little more than others?
Well, I really loved my students Zach (who I called Bopp) and Lauren (Miss Fish).
We have stayed close in the 10 years (gulp, has it been that long?) since I taught them.  Miss Fish has been our babysitter (when she had time), and I have loved following their relationship on FB.
It was one of those times when I was SO HAPPY to be right.  I knew they were meant for each other, from way back to their AP Euro study sessions & especially the end of the year marshmallow fight.
Zach only brought back one souvenir from our trip to Europe that summer.  It was for Lauren.
When they invited my kids to be in their wedding I couldn't have been more excited.  It ended up being SO SO fun.
Ben was super funny about the fact that they wouldn't let him carry the actual rings.  He made everyone who heard laugh when they asked for the rings and he announced that he didn't have them. I learned that Ben is a shy guy about dancing.  He got so embarrassed about dancing down the aisle.  But he danced the slow motion part.  My kids also got a chance to eat 2 fancy (for us) dinners between the rehearsal dinner and the wedding.  We have some manners to work on (for sure!)  
We may have gotten a little too into the photo booth at the wedding!













 

No comments: