Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Running Club

It was a great day for running!  (A chilly almost drizzly kind of Seattle fall day.)  I accompanied the group on their walk from the school to the park where they run.  It was about a 45 minute walk.  I learned that my hip is not ready for such adventures.  Wow.  Was I in pain the next day.  Pain like I haven't felt for a year or so. (although I also walked on a treadmill for about 15 minutes in the morning and that could also have been the culprit. When I was having the most hip pain I was walking on a treadmill often.)  Luckily the pain got better pretty quickly (I'm still not 100%, but I guess I never will be, sigh).  But, I digress.  This post is about Libby and not about my hip.  She is a good little runner!
MP's team.  I learned from chaperoning that even elementary grades 4-6 are still too young for me.  Drove me batty.  High Schoolers for me please!

Libby about to cross the finish.  She wasn't into sprinting to the finish, but she did finish!  (Dad said 3rd place girl.  Her time would have put her on pace for less than a 7 minute mile, not bad!)

Love his girl!

No comments: