Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, November 28, 2016

We are a WRESTLING Family

Wrestling is now in full swing, and this year that includes the whole family. While Derek is busy coaching the Shorewood Thunderbirds, I am now a wrestling coach too!  I am "coaching" the branch of the Wrestling Rhinos that we started at the elementary school. I planned to help mostly with crowd management, attendance, etc. while our amazing PE teacher and a Rhino coach did most of the work.  But I have actually been on the mat, drilling and working with the Kindergarten and 1st grade group. (They won't know if I don't get it all right, right?)
Anyway, after the first practice where Libby and Sarah had to watch while Ben and I wrestled, they wanted in. So we now have 3 kids wrestling. They are already asking to go to tournaments.  
Libby and Sarah are using some of their dance and gymnastics skills. In fact, Libby had been dubbed "the strongest kid in wrestling club" by the PE teacher. (She is happy to share that with anyone and everyone, btw). 
So far it's all fun and games and no one has gotten hurt. 


These are the only photos I've managed to snap of the action. But you can see they are all happy to be doing something dad loves so much!

No comments: