Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, November 28, 2016

Turkey Love

It was a fun Thanksgiving. I have still been exhausted from our busy November. But I rallied. I made 2 pies, mint brownie bites, sweet potatoes and stuffing. At first it seemed like I was screwing up everything, but in the end it all tasted good!
Clark's turkey was amazing (as usual). 
I asked Libby to bring some games and she grabbed the cash registers and money I bought in the summer. Libby Sarah and Yukine made a menu of the pies with prices. They made the sour cream lemon really heap because I said I really only make that one for me. It got quite a few laughs when they explained why they made it so cheap. When we sat down to dinner we all had piles of money on our plates. 
We had the usual Nortons and Barrett'sat  dinner. We added the Barbers (who joined us last year), and my client/gardener Anne and her wife (our soon to be contractor for a roof repair) Carol. It was also our 1 year anniversary with Clark's girlfriend Anne Marie since he first introduced her as his girlfriend last Thanksgiving.. He got a chuckle when I mentioned that.



After dinner we played games (of course). Paige and Paul got there for Rummikub. I took 3rd. I don't usually win, but it is my favorite Thanksgiving tradition (right after Clark's turkey and sour cream lemon pie). 
Going around the table for gratitude was fun this year. Derek said he was thankful for a wife he could argue with. And then he had to clarify that we work things out together well. I'm thankful for that too. I was thankful to have delegated away making the rolls. Because they were super yummy!!  
The rest of the weekend was historic!
The Huskies won the Apple cup!
And, my kids earned their first real money!  We hosted a babysitting event for some kids from church. Libby and Sarah (with a little, and I mean very little) planned the schedule and executed the event. It was fun. I think we might do one more now that we have figured it out. They loved putting the cash in their spending bank to use for Christmas gifts.
By the end of the weekend the decorations were mostly up (the sunroom  is still waiting for final electrical work, but our new electrician did diagnose the problem, a wire running into the cement slab under the room with no conduit) so the decor in there is still waiting. I put my Christmas cards in the mail today. Whew!  Gotta be ready for the first Christmas party at our house on Sunday!


No comments: