Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Halloween 2016

There was, as usual, a year of negotiating leading up to our Halloween theme.  In the end, Star Wars was the winner.  Sarah had already used her allowance earlier in the year to buy a Leah costume.  Then, at Costco I spotted a Yoda costume that would fit Ben.  It is a toddler yoda costume.  But it fit his head perfectly.  He is a bit too tall (especially when he was wearing shorts, ha!), but no one seemed to mind.  Derek and I really wanted to be C3PO and R2D2.  But we couldn't find any male costumes for these droids.  So, I got the sweet BB8 costume and he got the Jedi robe.  He really wanted a full on Obi costume, but I felt cheap by the time I was buying his costume (the last to be purchased), so he got the robe only.  Which turned out to be fine since he worked an OT shift on the night of Trunk or Treat anyway.
We did have dress up events on Thursday Night (a housewarming party and the "Culture Festival"), on Friday (class "Harvest Parties"), Trunk or Treat on Saturday and of course the actual Halloween on Monday.  I was totally burnt out by Monday.  I was so glad my costume was simple and comfortable!








Thanks again to Kim Barlow for the amazing Trunk or Treat pics!






I love this costume! Grammy and Grandpa as Granda!  Emergency Prep Crew!
I helped a bunch with Ben's class "Harvest" party.  Per his request I did the "Stirring and Stirring my Brew" song that I had done for Sarah's class.  Also, earlier in the day she had them make grave stones (with my instructions above) and we did a "grave walk" instead of a cake walk.  It was pretty fun.  Both the girls were mad that I didn't come to their parties.  But it was Ben's first! 

No comments: