Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Happy and Thankful Thanksgiving!

We've had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  The next two weeks are pure insanity, so I needed to get a lot done.  And, I did--with time to spare.  Whew!
Well, actually some of the time wasn't to spare.  I got the food made and the kitchen tidied before we left for Thanksgiving.  I should have known that something was wrong with that picture!  Geneva finally called to see if we were on our way.  "Of course," I said, "we are in the car, we will be there promptly at 3:00 pm." 
"Hmmm..." she said, "we'll we were all here on time for the actual time, 2:30."  Oops.  My bad.  They all kindly waited for us, and even let us take the traditional picture before we ate! 
Ben didn't eat any lunch...so he was in full meltdown over having to wear a dress shirt before we even got there.  Luckily some food helped him out.  Don't they look amazing though!  Love those kiddos.  When we went around the table Ben said he was thankful for "Friends or Family."  The girls both got a laugh too, but now I can't remember what they said.  It seems like Libby said she was thankful for everyone putting up with her.  

The whole crew--minus Dave the photographer. 

Then swap--I'm the photographer. 

Earlier in the day Dave and I took a walk. 

Happy Thanksgiving.  Maren's new overhead lighting is amazing!  We could see our food and our game pieces! 

The spread.  The sweet potatoes were especially good this year!  (Goat cheese and pistachios are the secret!) 

And then games!  I didn't even bring my Christmas cards (I forgot), so I got to play Rummikub (which I won, once only, but I'll take it!), the Mind, and Skipbo.  

Me, winning! 

No comments: