Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Nutcracker!

I was on the fence about Nutcracker this year.  It is so much work and time.  But Sarah got a part as a maid in addition to her dancing Jester part.  What  cool opportunity.  She was the comic relief maid.  The one who is carrying in the heavy boxes in the beginning and who gets piled in coats.  She helped hand out the dolls and swords to the party guests.  Since she was in both acts, she has been spending almost all day every Saturday at the dance studio.  (10-4 most Saturdays).  Then she had 1 dress rehearsal and 7 performances this week, including 4 during school days.  All of the stuff was in Everett, about 1/2 hour away in good traffic.  It was nuts.  I had to activate the village to make it happen.  She slept over in Everett at Aunt Alayne's house on Tuesday night after the dress rehearsal because I couldn't get her to Everett on Wed. morning.  I also dropped her off super early on Thursday morning at Alayne's so I could get to school on time.  I made Ben go with me so I had carpool to get back to Shoreline.  Whew.  Thankfully she is super even keeled.  She had a great time.  Derek even got to come and see her, since they had a Friday Night performance.  Today we have the Holiday Show in Everett.  Then no more drives to Everett for awhile!

Love this Crew! 



No comments: