Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 22, 2019

The Last Week of School before Christmas

We had a really good last week of school before Christmas.  All of the performances and meetings were behind us!  I got a little bit caught up on school (much to do over the break) and we even went to a SW wrestling match, another VICTORY (so close!  It was down to the 2nd to last match.)  
I thoroughly enjoyed our Friday Spirit day: Ugly Sweater and PJ day.  We had a great response.  Almost everyone (including the principal after I basically forced him) dressed up.  
I found Baroudi and I these matching sweaters.  Fab-Yule-Us.
 After school on Friday it was gingerbread house making time!  There were kits for everyone except me (which I didn't mind at all).  We all had fun, and everyone showed a bit of their personality. 
Sarah's house actually has a story line.  The kisses are people doing something or something like that.  This is my girl who is always writing or reading these days, perfect. 

Derek wandered in after we had started and after a bit of grumbling, proceeded to make the best house!  Especially the icicles are amazing.  This size house was right up his alley. 

Libby chose the biggest house. Then she proceeded to decorate about 2/3 of the front in a pretty elaborate design.  Then she got distracted/bored and wander off to do something else.  

Ben used up all the fondant to make his lawn.  It looks like there is a gingerbread casualty in the yard.  Not sure what is going on there.  

This is Uncle Davey's creation.  Very cute.  Orderly.  A bit minimalist.  

I got to build mine with the glue gun and graham crackers because I didn't buy enough kits (who knew Derek would actually join us when there was a football game of some kind on TV--must not have been a good game).  Anyway, I loved building from scratch.  But I was still at it long after they had done some clean up and moved on to watch Stranger than Fiction.  (And LONG after that I was finishing the cleanup).

We sure know how to make a mess! But it is still one of my favorite traditions.

No comments: