Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Happy New Year!

We had a fun time ringing in the New Year.  We had friends for dinner on Sunday night and Monday night...so actually by Tuesday night I was ready for quiet night at home.   I had spent a bunch of the day doing the office swap, so I was pretty beat. But, tradition! Derek was working (also a normal tradition) but thankfully Maren brought Jed and Rory and we had a few friends from church coming too to help me get motivated.  So I pulled out the fondue pot and the chocolate fountain. This year I bought a pre-made cheese fondue from Costco.  It was pretty good.  But the focus was definitely on the chocolate.  I had forgotten to buy more actual chocolate fountain wafers.  but I read on the internet that I could use chocolate chips if I thinned them with coconut oil.  It worked out pretty well. Lots was consumed! 




Maren helped me move the desk into the new office.  Then we got the kids playing games (so they would stop running around screaming...I had limited tolerance for the yelling.)
Uno Dare was a big hit.  It's really fun! This is Maren accepting a Dare to avoid drawing cards.  Hold your card against the wall with your nose until your next turn. Ha!  Wish I would have taken a pic of her holding her foot above her head for a round.  


 Then we started watching Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve.  Lots of artists from earlier in the decades.  So even I knew a bunch of the music.  Maren's "Party Pack" was a big hit.  When we found footage of the ball dropping live (9 pm our time) the kids threw streamers, blew their blowers.  And we clinked glasses full of sparkling cider.  Yum!


The ball drop on Maren's phone. 
 I am looking forward to a new year, a fresh start.  I've got some goals on my mind.  See my 20 for 20 post.
Here we go!

No comments: