Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 26, 2020

MP Variety Show 2020

So last year it occurred to me that it would be fun to have a Meridian Park Student Council Variety Show number.  But last year, as you may remember, was a very difficult time.  So this year, I thought we'd give it a go.  It turned out AWESOME!  I put a committee together to write a script.  I took their basic idea and turned it into something that would be high energy, include everyone, showcase MP talent & clubs, be easy to learn (we only had 1 rehearsal), and look like we spent more time on it.  Nailed it.
And the superintendent got to the show just before our number.  She tweeted us.  No Big Deal.  (Just kidding, BIG DEAL!)
Gangnam style became MP CHEETAH STYLE. 


Sarah also sang.  She did a great job.  I wasn't nearly as nervous as I was for Libby's song last year.  It wasn't quite as difficult, she started practicing sooner, and she's just calm about it herself.  Which helps.

When she first tried on my dress--I was like WHAT!??!  Who is this grown up girl??
 Sarah singing Wonderful Life with Brittain Barber on piano.  When she came out on stage, the people behind me were like "Ooohhhh, wow!  So beautiful!  That Dress!"  It was fun.
I also danced in the staff "mystery talent."  Thankfully there is no video of that impromptu performance of me dancing in Derek's huge cowboy boots.  It was such a fun night.


No comments: