Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 26, 2020

I'm 43!

When I turned 40, I gathered with my Ragnar sisters and my real sisters for a celebration in Vegas.  It was so amazing and lifted up my spirits so much.  The next year, Emmi and I went to Minnesota to give Jen a baby shower.  In 2019, Emmi had moved to DC, so Jen and I went to see her new home.  This year, we chose somewhere warmer, San Diego.  It was amazing!  It was a weekend of good food, beautiful scenery, a nice warm hot tub, and mostly just time to talk!  Moms have so so much to process!  We talked about everything.  It was so good.  Jen's parents were amazing hosts!  Talking with her parents and brother and sister-in-law only added to the weekend fun.
I posted a lot while I was there, but I just wanted to jot down my favorite thing that we all loved.  After lunch, our first stop was the Mormon Battalion Museum.  There was a quote in the video that Jen wrote down.  "God gave us what we wanted most in the way that we expected it least."
Yes.  Life.  Looking back and realizing that we are learning what we need to learn--and sometimes in the ways that we least expect.  Ways that are sometimes so much harder than we wish.
Last year we were all struggling in various ways.  This year we were all able to look back and see how much we had learned.  Beautiful.
Everyone pitched in and made me a delicious birthday dinner while I took a Sunday nap and then hung out and watched! 


Birthday mint brownies

My feet on the beach

Seal Selfie--from a distance

Strong Mama Yoga

Me as a Mormon Battalion Soldier.  I'm glad my trials don't include lugging a heavy rifle around. 
It was such a good birthday!

No comments: