Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

April Fools! YES!

The best part of our very long week was our April Fools Joke.  Maren suggested that we support a local business on Wednesday evening for dinner.  When I reminded her that Wed. was April fools, we started scheming and came up with a plan.  We told Geneva and Brion that we would bring them pizza on Wed.  Then we (Ben and I) proceeded to bring them
1.  An empty box with HAHA!  April Fools!  Written inside with a few rocks. 
Then Libby and Maren and Sarah appeared with the "real pizza" which turned out to be...
2.  A huge cookie pizza! 
Finally, we gave them the real deal.
3.  Some kind of weird pizza that contains sunflower seeds.  But it was what they actually wanted.
I have never heard Brion laugh like that.  It was so rewarding to do something fun in such a sad/stressful/slow moving time.

They were both delighted, and so were we!  Got them!


Libby got into helping me make the pizza.  It was fun and looked pretty delicious. 
Ben also had me make crepes for breakfast.  He insisted that crepes are our traditional April Fools breakfast.  I do not think this is true.  But I guess it is now.   He did a crazy table set.  He wasn't very happy when I suggested he needed to do the wacky dishes because I had a staff meeting.  


I also colored the milk pink.  Ben enjoyed that a lot.  Libby refused to eat it. 
All in all, April Fools provided some much needed comic relief.  Then Ben & Maren and I watched Onward, it was his gift for Christmas (supposed to be in the theaters, of course) while the girls had a YW zoom activity. 

No comments: