Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

"Carona" Cafe

Last week I challenged my students on Friday to create a restaurant at home.  I gave them a menu template and encouraged them to create a logo, set menu items, and even put the restaurant into action if they could.
Not sure how many of them got very far (I did see some fun menus), but Libby went all the way.  I took her to the store so she could pick out the food.  That got us a lot of looks.  (I had all 3 with me in the store--and let me tell you, it isn't much different from having all 3 when they were 1, 3, and 5 years old. Begging, not staying close, touching things, etc.)
We invited our Corona Quarantine family member Maren to dine with us.
I'm going to have each person write their own review to add to this post (tomorrow's writing assignment).
Here are some pics of the awesome "Carona" Cafe.
Libby realized it was hard to be chef, waiter, bus girl, and hostess.  So I got called to the kitchen to "consult with the chef" or "complain about my meal" several times.




The menu included spaghetti (sauce made by Libby), garlic bread, these crunchy breadsticks ("house made") and gelato for dessert.  There was also a kids meal that included dino nuggets.

⭐⭐⭐⭐ I give the Carona Cafe 4 stars.  The food was delicious. While the service was sometimes slow, the waitress was quick to offer garlic bread for compensation for any issue, large or small.  The garlic bread was heavenly--I think maybe it was made with Irish Butter? --Satisfied Diner, Trish Norton

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐  The cafe had nice serving.  The food was the best-- the kids menu had nice stuff to do while we were waiting, like coloring and tic tac toe.  The food was amazing, especially the garlic bread. I would go there again. --Ben Norton

⭐⭐⭐⭐Excellent service, although the waitress was a little too eager for a good review.  She kept bringing us garlic bread.  The food was good.  I don't like spaghetti, so I probably wouldn't go there again.  --Sarah Norton



No comments: