Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, April 13, 2020

A Really Happy Easter

So if you are a regular reader of this blog, you might remember last Easter.  Not one of my better mommy moments.  In case you forgot, you can read about it here. This year, my kids clearly remembered my threat that any lack of gratitude would lead to NO MORE EASTER BUNNY EVER. 
It was smiles and joy and "thanks Easter Bunny" all around.
We did some egg dying.  And by we I mean Ben, Libby and me.  Sarah couldn't be bothered to stop reading (or rereading--she loves rereading).
Can you spot my "veggie" eggs?  I got to do more than my allotted number because even artistic Libby burned out.  

Ben with his favorite egg.  He stayed with me to the end! 

Missing school a little around here. Libby made an Einstein Middle School egg.  Orange and Blue. 
I love Easter at 8:30 am.  I got to get up and hide eggs (actually tidy up before I hid them too) without setting an alarm. 

The low key baskets.  I hate stuffed animals, and how the accumulate like dust bunnies.  But it was an easy way to provide joy.  They also each got a card game.  We need more entertainment around here for sure.  

Loving their squishmellows.  And eggs.  

After their egg hunt, I had them go hunt down all the Easter decor.  Best idea ever.  They were super helpful.  I wonder if I can use this with Chistmas decor? 
We did Zoom church, including taking the sacrament together as a family.  It is so nice!  I also had a FB live RS lesson.  I miss the connection, but I could get used to having church in the comfort of my home!

Derek, Ben and I walked to Maren's to pick up some sour cream for the potatoes.  We left Ben and walked back.  Not long after she came to our house, with Ben and we had our hunt with Maren.  Usually it is a big affair.  Libby's comment, "It isn't quite as fun if you aren't fighting for eggs..." kind of summed up the smaller version.  But between all the eggs in the morning and Maren's eggs, the Libby got $19.  So she wasn't complaining. In fact, she said, "Money and Reese's--my two favorite things!"

Then we headed to surprise Geneva and Brion with a Easter dinner drop off.  It included not just Maren (as we had told them) but all the local family at an appropriate social distance.  We sang for them (Easter Carolling).  I played my guitar.  I rocked it for our family sacrament meeting.  It was a little harder in the cold with a moving book holder.  But they were delighted.
Then we had a big Easter dinner (and when I say big, I mean I still cooked like we were feeding everyone, even though it was just us and Maren.  So we are going to eat leftovers all week!) and a Randall family chat.  We finished by going out for an Easter photo shoot and an early-ish bedtime.
Anyway, it really was a Happy Easter this year. 
(See photos in another post.  I still need to go through them.)

No comments: