Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 1, 2020

A "THIS IS NOT A PROJECT" Project

 The curtains in our bedroom have been a mess.  It was a nice curtain rod with the strings that open and close them--but they had long ago stopped functioning well.  And, in a moment of insanity last weekend, I started taking down the dusty glamorous valance and the curtain rods.  Of course the brackets and screws had been painted over--and they were a standard screwdriver (not Phillips) so it was brutal getting them out.  My sis-in-law Keri is visiting and had to help me finish.  Anyway, I tried to insist that it wasn't a project, it was just putting up new curtain rods.  But in this house, just about everything becomes a project.

(Since this wasn't a project I didn't take any before pictures sadly...but here is the valance in the room before we bought the house.  Yes, the same dusty one.)

Here is me thinking I could paint match like a boss.  


Nope.  What a mess.  $25 in samples (2 separate trips) and I wasn't close enough.  


  Finally I had a breakthrough.  I realized that this is painted wallpaper!  I could just find a hidden spot and rip off the wallpaper and take in for an official color match!  So don't look behind our bed.  Instead, admire the view.  I bought a set of curtain rods that is supposed to be two--and they are duct taped together in the middle.  Classy.  But you can't tell--just open carefully.  

TADA!  (Derek helped me screw in the curtain rods so I wouldn't get a migraine from the drilling.)  I think when I have to ask him to help that definitely elevates to project status! 

This week--oh yeah, projects this week too.  But other people putting in lights in the ballroom!  Hooray!  

No comments: