Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Halloween--Norton Pandemic Style

 So we always knew that the family theme costume would come to an end.  And this year--why not add that to the general feeling that everything is changing and nothing will ever be the same?

We discussed the family theme up until the pandemic (and yes, we started talking about it long before March).  Then, by the time we knew we wouldn't have several events to wear costumes to...Libby started talking about matching with a friend.  And I said--go for it.  That means I don't have to even dress up!

Libby's friend almost didn't get to come for Halloween after-all--which caused much weeping and wailing.  And in the end, they didn't even wear the matching costume theme they had planned.  But they ended up together and had a blast. 

Then Maren decided to throw a Halloween extravaganza for our "immunity community." It was super fun!  I especially loved that my "cake walk" style booth became a dance party!  I kept the party going for the dancers for over 1/2 hour with just the music I have on my phone from my old Bodypump, running and aqua aerobics playlists.  I would love to DJ a good party again! 

The costumes ended up pretty fun--and Derek and I did pull out some oldie but goodie costumes.  Maren's party was amazing!  The "haunted experience" was just scary enough (I skipped it--but then went back through when I knew no one was going to jump out and scare me--yes--I'm that big a wimp!). The kids loved it.  It was a new Halloween experience, and I think we did a pretty good job of making lemonade with a lemon kind of Halloween (thanks to Maren). 


Thank goodness for the Shorewood Booster Auction a few years ago we had these delightful outfits!  Of course I wore a coat for the whole time--so except for this picture, it was covered up.  

A princess (instead of an angel) and a devil (instead of a princess). Not sure what the miscom was at the last minute, but they had fun. 


Ben and Jed had a great time being mummy zombies together


Fortune teller Alayne

Believe it or not--this is Maren! 

Sarah chose to be a Vampire.  She got a new dress for the part that she can actually wear when after Halloween.  It was over her budget, so she paid part from her allowance she wanted it so much. 

Rory with Sarah--I thought they were going to twin too..but in the end I think they aren't twinning. I was rushing to get pics and didn't notice. 



No comments: