Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Christmas Day--All the Feels....

 I was really looking forward to spending this week in Utah with all my siblings.  We were all going to be together for the first time in a LONG time.  But Emily's flight from Maine was delayed and they missed their connection in NYC, so they ended up going back home.  We had such CRAZY weather in the week leading up to Christmas that I was worried for us, but then by Christmas Eve it had cleared and was just normal 40 degrees and wet.  But after my shower on Christmas morning I got the text, Flight Cancelled.  I cried off and on all day. I was so looking forward to being with my family!  

I held it together pretty well through church.  The girls sang, "O Holy Night," and I played the guitar.  Except for a weird chord in my intro, it went off well.  Ben's "Do you Hear What I Hear" wasn't as good as it was the night before (I gave him chapstick--oops.) 

We ate a delicious brunch at Maren's and opened gifts with the Nortons.  I was really glad not to be rushing off to the airport.  But also so sad.  My gifts were well received...the calendar cover got some good laughs.  Worth the efforts.

Libby enjoyed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day--until she crashed emotionally.  Rough.  It's a big up and down rollercoaster!



Cara is officially "Team Norton"





Ben's Bestie! Margo

Got the group shot! 

Anyway, the rest of the day was strange.  It was Sunday, so Derek's order Chinese plan didn't work.  And I had no energy to plan.  So we ate junk and played games.  Love Splendor, our new favorite.  And Sarah got me a game that is all about planting beans which was also super fun.

Anyway, we brainstormed some ways to make this week fun...So stay tuned for Christmas Fun posts. 

No comments: