Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 4, 2022

SNOW!!! OH NO!!!

 As a teacher I kind of dread snow days.  So much uncertainty--will they cancel, or won't they.  Will it be a late start?  Will activities be cancelled?  How will I redo my schedule?  All the things.  So when it was snowing little flurries on Tuesday--I was actually quite calm.  It was supposed to turn to rain.  And then it didn't.  So--no school Wed.  (I will say, I was fine with Wed.  Okay, one day you can miss.). Then Thursday was a late start.  Best of both worlds.  I don't have to get up for seminary (and they announced Wed. evening--so no uncertainty!).  Thursday the roads were sketch, but school was good.  I had 100% attendance! (Which is saying something during this cold season.). Then Friday, I woke up to another late start announcement.  Okay--I can do this.  But then, at like 8:30--they called off school for a few big flakes falling.  So ANNOYED!  Now we will be finishing school on June 26th.  The roads were FINE!  Then it snowed again on Friday night.  But it was warm and slushy--so despite worrying and losing sleep, the ward breakfast, the drill comp, and the wrestling tournaments all still happened.  Today it was pretty icy.  But church was fine.  There's still quite a bit of snow out there.  I hope they announce a late start tonight (or that we just have normal school!).  And we are done with this round of snow.    

The kids, of course have been delighted to have snow and days off of school.  




Thankfully the ward Christmas breakfast still happened.  Sarah helped plan it, and Ben, Sarah and I sang "What Child is This" (I played guitar--mediocre performance by me, but they sounded great.) And Ben was Joseph in the brief nativity. 


Lots of snow day puppy snuggles. 



Libby taking a photo shoot as the Little Match Girl? 


No comments: