Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Christmas Decor!

 I decided I wanted to switch up my decor this year.  I wanted more outside lights (my word for the year is light--and while I have misplaced my list of 22 for 22--possibly consumed by Buddy? I did remember that part.) And I decided to do less family Christmas cards on the shelves, and more trees.  I choose trees because they are my favorite symbol of Christ.  There are so many different ones, symbolizing to me that Christ loves all of us--as we are.  They are "evergreen" symbolizing the everlasting life he offers.  They symbolize the wood of the cross--the purpose of his life was to live and die for us.  And--also somehow the fact that the wood of a beautiful tree was used to create the cross on which he hung reminds me that I can take up my cross, shoulder the challenges that come my way (with his help).  That life will be full of beauty and pain, and that the pain can lead me to grow in ways that I otherwise couldn't.  Trees point up--reminding me to look to God and my Savior.  Several of the trees light up, or reflect light.  He is the light. 

I put all the family Christmas cards into two float frames and hung them (I'll get another next year for the rest).  I will say decorating with Buddy around was a ROYAL pain.  And we have a gate around the Christmas tree that he's still trying to get in (even as I type I think.) Even though it takes a long time to put up the decor (especially when I'm redoing things)--it's so worth it to have the house feel that special Christmas feeling.  I'm hoping it will go faster next year--I can just look at these pictures and recreate! 



Trying to Buddy proof the tree...


The Nativities worked out perfectly under the stairs where we see them as we come and go all day. 



I also got these little houses (they light up in the evening.). LOVE THEM. 




No comments: