Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, December 6, 2010

Go SHOREWOOD!

When my visiting teacher came over and showed me some little dresses she had made from old t-shirts, I thought it was a fun idea, but I didn't see the immediate practical application. Then I realized the girls needed some fresh outfits for wrestling matches. And, since Libby refuses to wear pants without a fight I also realized that making her Shorewood T into a Shorewood dress would make my life much easier. So, off to Value Village I went. I spent $12 on 3 adult size shirts and made t-shirts into cheer outfits! It only took me one afternoon (and I am not really a seamstress)! The beauty of it is that most of the hems are already done for you if you disect the old shirts in the right way. I even just sewed down the sleeves to use the original adult size sleeves. My next project is to make some of my workout tops maternity sized. Hmmm.


1 comment:

Debbi said...

What a smart mommy!