Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Update on Trish and Baby

This week I had my 3rd offical pregnant appointment. I think I forgot to blog about it, but we actually heard the baby's heartbeat last appointment, which was pretty early. So, I heard it again this appoinment. It always makes me feel relieved to know there is something living and growing inside of me and that I am feeling tired and bleh for a reason. I am feeling much better as the first trimester ends though. I am still a bit troubled concerning food, but I am far less tired.
Libby did tell me this week that when my belly pops lots of candy will come out. Hmmm...not sure about that. She is still a little confused about the whole baby in my tummy thing.
I think I also didn't blog about my little skin cancer. I found a mole that was concerning, so I went in and had a biopsy. Turned out to be a basal cell cancerous mole. It is from sun exposure (so no more tanning)! This week my dermatologist removed about a 2 inch long area of skin from my back. I have some nasty looking stitches and it has been mighty uncomfortable. They will biopsy the skin she removed to make sure she got it all, but I think she is pretty confident I am in the clear. Now I have to go in every 6 months for the next 3 years to get checked for any more. It is a good thing I live in Seattle and I don't really even get the chance to be tempted to go out in the sun.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

I'm glad you had the mole checked out. And, I'm glad you're ok :)

Megan said...

Glad you got that mole checked out...I'm just waiting for something to pop up on me. Do you think we laid out too much as kids? We did look pretty tan though! :)