Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Roommates!

I moved Libby and Sarah into the same room this week. I did the work over a couple of days, moving most of Libby's clothes on Monday and the rest on Wednesday. When Libby woke up from a nap on Tuesday she absolutely freaked out that her dresses were missing from her closet. She was seriously very stressed, since her dresses are her favorite thing in life. When I got all the work done, beds moved, dressers moved, they were very excited. Now they could each jump on a bed in the same room! I made one minor flaw in the move. I put the dresser right next to the bed. On the dresser I put the desetin and diaper rash perscription. The girls figured out right away how to get into it. The got a bunch of desetin on the carpet before their babysitter found them. Yikes. I have been working on getting it out all week without much success. I moved the changing table into Libby's old room for now because there is a shelf that makes the desetin inaccessible to their little hands. The only good news was that they didn't get into the perscription cream. This is especially good news because the cream is not only expensive but hard to get these days. Our pharmacy had to get it from another pharmacy's provider because all of their providers were out of stock. We really need to potty train, but December is so busy! In January I think.
Anyway, the room sharing has been a success. We just stay in with them until they fall asleep (and so does the parent waiting) and then Libby can just come out when she wakes up because the door isn't child proof. Only the first day did Libby wake Sarah at 6:30. They also love the empty room to play in!


No comments: