Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, December 20, 2010

Libbyisms

Last week in church the primary children sang "Picture a Christmas". My best friend Emmi is the music leader and she taught the song to the nursery kids too and invited them to sing with the primary. Libby LOVED being on the stand. She cried afterward because she wanted to go back up. This week the primary sang again. This week it was a song Libby didn't know. But she wanted to go up on the stand. I tried to convince her that she didn't know the song and she shouldn't go. But she was adamant. Derek was up there singing with the choir, so I wanted to make sure she would just go up and sing and come back if I let her go. I said, "So you will just go up there and sing and then come right back down?" She said, "THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!" So I let her go. I thought maybe she would stand where she couldn't be seen. But no, she got right up next to the pulpit and they put her on the box they use for kids to talk in the microphone. To her credit, she actually watched the director and sang some of the song and did some of the hand motions. Then she came right back down. What a kid.

She has a horrible cold, so we came home after sacrament meeting. Uncle Davey came home with us. A few steps in the door she said, "Uncle Davey, will you please take your shoes off. It is wet outside and we don't want to get wet on the floor."

The other night I told her we were going to a restaurant for dinner. She said, "I have an idea! How about if we go to McDonald's? Then we can have food, and play on the toys and have FUN!" Nope, sorry, we are going to Azteca. But they were so good there! It was amazing. They just ate and let Derek, Dave and I have adult conversation. Wow.

No comments: