Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sarahisms

Sarah is in a stage that I remember with Libby. I call it the "No, NO, NEVER." Stage. When I ask Sarah to do anything (when she is in the No, NO, NEVER mood) that is all will say. For example: Mommy: "Sarah, let's get your pjs on."
Sarah: "NO!" "NO!" "I Will NEVER WEAR MY PJS."
Mommy: "Sarah, get out of your carseat so we can go in."
Sarah: "No! I will never get out of my carseat!"

OOOHHH it can be frustrating. But, she is pretty easily distracted, so I can usually work around it and help her forget that she will NEVER wear her pjs or get out of the carseat, or whatever.

On the flip side, she is so stinking polite. She ALWAYS says "You're welcome" if I say thank you, and she ALWAYS says "Thank you" when I give her something. It melts my heart.

She has a bit of a cough and after every coughing spurt this morning she would say, "I'm OK!" just to reassure us.

She is still totally lost when it comes to colors. I remember that Libby took awhile to figure out colors too. But the best is that she calls her "blankie," the one that she carries all the time, her "pink blankie" but it isn't pink. Maybe a slight hint of pink now that it is getting worn out. But really it is cream and blue and red and a variety of colors that are not pink. It will be interesting to see what happens when she figures this out.

I don't know if I have ever mentioned this, but she has a hard time with the letter L. She loves to say her full name though, so she says that she is "Sarah Dewouise Norton" and her big sister is Wibby or Ewisabeth Mary Norton.

No comments: