Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Why?

Since Libby's favorite question right now is WHY? I have a few of my own to ask my girls.
Why do you go outside in the snow, instantly remove hats and mittens and eat snow with bare hands until you start crying because it hurts so bad?
Why do you love a food when someone else buys it, but when I buy it for you and bring it home you don't eat it?
Why do you choose the kitchen to line up all the cans in the house (garbage, recycling, flour) right when I am trying to cook in the kitchen?
Why do you beg me to make you popcorn and not eat a single kernel?
Why do you always say "I don't know" when I ask you a question, even when you do know?
Why do you call for me and not answer when I respond?
Why do you have to wake each other up in the mornings?
Why are you so adorable?
Why are you so much like me?
I love you girls!

2 comments:

Debbi said...

The answer to a lot of those questions is they want to be sure they're part of your life. They love to be close to you, and they love to know that you'll do things for them. Why do they have to grow up? That's my question. They're so darn cute.

The Thackers said...

I love it. I've heard myself ask all the same questions. Good thing they're so cute!! It makes the "why's" bearable.