Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ahhhh, A Night Off

On Friday night our ward had a Fathers and Kids campout. Derek was brave enough to take both girls camping. We went to Fred Meyer to get some supplies before they left. On the way back from the store Libby told me, "Mommy, next time you need to come camping with us because we are a family, and families don't leave anyone behind!" It was so cute. Apparently this is from a movie...but at least she internalized the message, right?
But I didn't mind being left behind. I indulged in some pampering, an eyebrow wax and a pedicure before going to help with a fundraiser. I came home and worked on a project for Ben's room (see next post) and went to bed. It was as blissful a night's sleep as a pregnant girl can possibly have (only one trip to the bathroom)! I spent a leisurely hour before the gym finishing up the project for Ben's room and headed off to teach my classes. I can certainly get ready and get there faster when I am not being tugged on by two girls!
But, I must admit I was VERY happy to see them when I pulled in after teaching my classes. Silence is golden, but nothing is better than my little family!
Derek was a real trooper. Libby would only go potty in the distant outhouse because the closer one was "too stinky". Sarah got spooked by a frog and spent a bit of time screaming before bed. Libby's lips stayed a faint shade of blue most of the time. Derek ended up with a sore shoulder from throwing rock after rock into the river for them. They all got soaked to the skin by this spring's lovely, nearly non-stop rain...but they had a good time. They are already asking to go camping again.

No comments: