Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, May 27, 2011

Costco Love



I have a love/hate relationship with Costco. So much to love. So much to hate. Right now I particularly hate how huge the store seems and how heavy the cart gets. Rough on the pregnant body. They also strategically move things around in the store so that you have to go back and forth to find things. This is a fact (we have friends who work there who have told us this--and it makes good business sense). But it is hard on pregnant girls who have 60 lbs. of kid in the cart already--not to mention the necessities and the impulse buys making the cart even heavier.



Also, Costco often brings out the girls tempers and they seem to have a hard time making it through the store without a brawl of some sorts. This is even with the ever present bribe of a churro if they can make it through without one. (Libby pronounces churro with the emphasis on the wrong syllable. It is hilarious.)



Anyway, since I am trying to look for bright sides right now, today the girls blessed me with one. Instead of fighting during our trip to Costco, they kept hugging. It was so adorable! They were dressed all matchy matchy and being all lovey dovey. I felt like everyone around me was thinking, "I can see why she wants another adorable child." (Which is the opposite of what I usually think people are thinking as my girls are misbehaving...)



And, they were right. I do want another adorable, loving child. Even if sometimes he fights in the cart. And I wouldn't mind if he came tonight.

1 comment:

The Thackers said...

Oh man, I hear you on Costco!! It is a complete love hate relationship and ALWAYS a gamble (not knowing whether the kids are going to behave themselves or if I'm going to have to abandon the cart half full and exit the store with one or possibly two screaming children in tow). Anyway, I keep going back so I guess that says something.

PS- I hope your baby boy comes tonight too! :-)