Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sarahisms

Sarah is so adorable and hilarious right now.  I took her shopping with me the other morning during dance class, looking for my shirt to wear in our family picture.  (BTW, I made a resolution not to buy any clothes between mid-Sept and mid-January, but Christmas family picture clothing is an exception to the rule!)  Anyway, I was trying on shirts over a Mod Bod undershirt out on the sales floor because we were in a hurry.  Every shirt I put on Sarah loudly and emphatically declared, "Mommy,  that shirt makes you look SO UGLY!" After about 3 shirts of this I finally gave up and went back later on my own.  I did buy one of the ones she called ugly, so when we get the pictures, you will have to decide for yourself if she was being honest, or just being 3.
On Friday night Derek was supervising Sarah saying her prayers.  I was laying on the floor of their room sort of zoning out.  All of a sudden her little voice caught my attention when I heard her praying for Heavenly Father to bless all her dogs and cats.  I couldn't help it.  It caught me so off guard I burst out laughing.  I don't think Heavenly Father will ever have to worry about blessing our dogs and cats since we won't ever have any.  But it was so cute.
I had just crawled back in bed this morning after feeding Ben at 5:30 (why always so close to when my alarm is going to go off anyway?) when Sarah came in.  She went right to Derek's side of the bed (he is actually off today) and said, "Daddy, I barfed.  I need you to clean up my bed and get me a bowl."  It was so sweet of her to choose him.  I didn't dare take away that privilege.  Although then she climbed in bed with me and got barf on our sheets.  Being a mom is awesome.     

No comments: