Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Fun


Aunt Maren and Uncle Clark hosted a "wonderful Thanksgiving" as Libby said in her evening prayers.  We had a good time.  The absolute highlight was Clark's turkey.  He cooked it on the Green Egg and it was smoky, moist deliciousness.  We especially appreciate the sacrifice he makes to cook it because he doesn't really like poultry.  Yum.  I made 5 pies.  Why do I get so carried away?  I even cooked a pumpkin for one of the pumpkin pies.  The texture was different than a canned Libby's pumpkin pie, but the taste was super yummy.  I also made delicious sweet potatoes from a recipe from Auntie Jen's mom.  Definitely my new favorite Thanksgiving side.
Then on Friday I shopped Black Friday with Maren, Paige, Emma, and Geneva.  I came home and got the decorating done.  I got all my Christmas lights up in front and then realized that one strand of lights was broken.  I had to unwind the entire mess and start over.  I was reminded why I have never done outside lighting before.  But the rest looks great!  I love Christmas decor.

1 comment:

The Thackers said...

How fun! Loved the Norton pic. Miss you guys! :)