Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Excuse for Not Posting #4

Well, the sore throat and headache and fever didn't go away.  So the next morning I visited an Instacare clinic near my parents and tested positive for STREP.  Who knew!  I felt absolutely AWFUL.  I went home and brought all the kids and Derek back in to get tested.  Only Sarah had it too.  I was so bummed.  We had to stay at my parents and miss the actual graduation and the party with the Thorne family.  I actually  napped and rested most of the day.  That is a testimony to how awful I felt.  Sarah also tested positive.  Everyone else was fine (thankfully).  
But my mom graduated successfully.  I am so proud of her and everything she taught me.  She sacrificed so much (including putting her education on hold) and put us first for so long.  I am so glad she got back to it and finished her degree.  Her work ethic, dedication and attention to detail in her work are truly admirable.  It is only a matter of time before she is publishing great books!

No comments: