Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Few -isms

I am not sure where Libby learned about show and tell, but every week when we have preschool now she wants to have "shownhotel."  She brings whatever toy is the closest to the table and tells me some random story about the item.

Since Sarah chose the Sleeping Beauty costume she has been telling everyone she is "sweeping beauty."  But if you say it back to her--that she is "sweeping beauty" she corrects you.  "No, not sweeping beauty, sweeping beauty."

Libby has really been getting detailed in her prayers lately.  She loves to pray for members of the family in particular.  She got really into praying for Derek when he had a cold (actually a massive sinus infection) last week.  When she was praying last night she paused mid prayer and said, "Mom, do you have a cold?"  When I said no I think it really threw off her prayer groove.  She quickly wrapped up since she couldn't pray for my cold to get better since I don't have one.

Sarah's has an opening line to her prayers that I don't think I have recorded.  She always says, "Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for many of our blessings."  (inferring--in my mind--that we aren't very thankful for the rest.  wish we didn't really have so many...ha ha ha.)

1 comment:

Sleepless In St. George said...

I love kid prayers! They sure are telling! I love hearing all the big words they "know". At preschool we do articulate and demonstrate instead of show and tell. I love the little kid way of saying that!