Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Couple of Crazy Kids...

Actually 3 of them.
Mine.

This week was crazy with a capital C R A Z Y.  Libby had a fever for 4 days.  The night she seemed to be in agony.  She kept crying out things like "Jesus, heal me!" and  "I am going to DIE!"  She was up about 1/2 the night.  I slept on couch cushions on the floor in the family room because she was more calm (notice I did not say calm, but MORE calm) when there was a Barbie movie on.  Then she sort of moved into a mostly normal with a fever state that lasted until Saturday afternoon...then I just stopped checking.  When she successfully rode her bike all around the neighborhood (first time she left our little circle of our driveway and the neighbor's driveway) I decided she was okay.  She never barfed or anything.  Super weird.  The doctor thought it might have been a flu bug, but because she got a flu shot it was super mild.  Who knows.  I just pray that no one else gets it!
Anyway my favorite Libby quotes from the week...we are playing freeze tag.  I freeze her.  She says, "Look what magic thing I can do!"  and unfreezes herself.  Hmmm...how does that work?  Plus, freeze tag with 2 people is kind of lame.  But Libby managed to keep it exciting and full of SCREAMING.
She also told me this morning during breakfast, "If you would stop being so complicating I would listen to you."  Oh, well then.  I will stop being so complicating.

Sarah's quote of the week is 1 word.  Boring.  She says it about everything, from a book to dance lessons to a story to dinner...you name it, it is boring.  I am not sure that she understands the word, but she knows it is annoying to me when she says it.  So she says it.  Over and Over and OVER.  About everything.  Okay, maybe not about everything, but at least one or two things a day.  I hope the phase goes quickly.

Ben's quote of the week was last night.  I couldn't figure out what he was saying at first.  Then I finally realized when he brought me the remote control that he was saying "couch."  He wanted me to go sit on the couch and watch TV with him.  Hilarious.  He is also working very had to help Derek stay hydrated.  Very often, when Derek is home, Ben brings him a soda from the pantry about every 10 minutes or so.  It is cute to see them all lined up as he prepares to take Derek a drink.  By the way, this is a major concession to my husband.  I love him, and I respect the fact that he works long, hard hours.  So I am allowing in the house (and even buying for him) Coke zero.  And other diet sodas.  Back to Ben, he is so NEAT.  He loves to put his shoes and coat away.  And he wants everyone else to do the same.  But sometimes that leads to hardship.  Tonight he had a pretty big meltdown because he wanted both Kens to take their tuxedo jackets off so they could ride in the Barbie cruiser.  Unfortunately one of the tuxedos has a jacket that is attached.  He just couldn't handle that I couldn't remove the jacket without removing the entire outfit.  Poor guy.

We had a few good weather days this week.  They wanted to have a sword fight of course.

Libby riding all the way through the neighborhood.  We made some new friends on the way.
Freeze tag!  That girl can run.  And scream at the same time.

It was Ben's job to unfreeze us.  He seems a bit unsure about the job, doesn't he?


I loved this lighting...Libby loved this pose.


No comments: