Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Preschool Pentathalon

I am doing a preschool group with some moms from church.  It has been really fun!  We technically use the Mothergoose Time curriculum, but whenever I teach, I usually use about 1/5 of what they give me and add lots of my own fun.  I was pretty proud of my idea this week, even if the implementation wasn't super smooth.
The theme was Food and Fitness.  So, we did a Preschool Pentathalon.  It was fun to see the kids running and lifting a weight over their heads, throwing, kicking etc.  I assigned each athlete had a "coach" (one of the other kids) who was supposed to write down their results.  That didn't go so well because several of them (it turns out) don't know how to write numbers.  So it was a bit slower than I planned.  But overall I think it was a blast.  Then they all got medals at the end.  We had a medal ceremony and I played the Olympic theme and then the Star Spangled banner.  I miss teaching sometimes still, can you tell?
Preschool Pentathalon Scorecard and Signs



No comments: