Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sarahisms

Last Saturday night we had a family karaoke party, finally using the "block rocker" I got for them after Christmas.  It was fun.  Turns out Sarah and Derek are the singers in the family.  Libby just wants to put the mic down and dance.  Sarah will sing all evening!  She is pretty great!

Sarah drew this picture this week. I think Libby wrote the LOVE SARAH, and  Sarah had me label the figures, but they are her original work.  I love how Derek has "spiky" hair (as she put it), and also has all the chest in the family.  How accurate!
Sarah has also (finally) started getting excited about writing and coloring.

Derek has a pretty bad track record with checks.  Just a couple of weeks ago I washed a reimbursement check that the clerk had given him after church.  Anyway, I got a scolding from Sarah yesterday.  She was using my coat as a blanket for a game she and Libby were playing.  She reached into my pocket and found a check that my friend had given me to pay for Ragnar.  She said, "Really Mom, AGAIN?"  and gave me a look as she handed me the check that was the "I am so disappointed"  look. I am guessing Sarah's response all came from my reactions to Derek?

No comments: