Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 7, 2014

First Days of School!

This year Libby started school on Wednesday and Sarah on Thursday.  They like to take 1/2 the Kindergarteners on one day and the rest the next.  Sarah didn't mind.  She was happy to have a day to play alone with their toys.  I let them pick out their first day of school outfits.  They both picked this Cheetah dress because the Meridian Park mascot is the Cheetah.  Sarah, of course, paired it with some Cheetah pants.
I am pretty excited about their teachers so far.  And, Libby has her best pals in her class.  Hooray!

I was surprised by how I felt about things this week.  Since I will only have Ben on my walk to and from school that needs to ride in the stroller, I sold the double jogger.  Honestly, this made me feel more sad and like my kids were all grown up MORE than sending Sarah to Kindergarten.  Strange but true.  I loved that stroller.  And as much as it almost killed me to have my kids so close together, it was a time that challenged me like crazy and made me a better person...I hope.

You may be thinking that Libby spelled Grade without an R.  But, you would be mistaken.  It is there.  Just attached to the G.  I decided to let it go.  She was excited to do it that way.  


Sarah wrote this K all by herself too!  No tears were shed on either side as I left Sarah in line with her class.  We were all smiles and excited!
You may wonder what Ben and I are doing at home together?  We read some stories including Green Eggs & Ham.  So we ate green eggs for lunch.  He wasn't too impressed with the finished product (they didn't look like the ones in the book).  But he did help crack a couple of the eggs.  He also played on my phone, watched TV and made a huge mess of his room.  (Which he begged me all week not to clean up.  We finally picked it up last night...UGH!)

After Sarah's first day and Libby's 2nd.  They all look happy, right?

Ben and I are going to help on the playground on Friday afternoons.  He was pretty excited to wear this vest for about 10 seconds.  

Libby reunited with her bestie at school.  Mia was so cute.  She said, Libby, you have grown!  You used to be up to my neck, and now you are up to my chin!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Awesome!

Debbi said...

Good job done by all! It'll be a great year.