Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Salamander...

We have been having a great time in the car listening to a song that Soren and Emily recorded for our family music CD this last Christmas.  It is called the Salamander song.  
Imagine our surprise and delight when our gardener found a salamander in the garden yesterday!  (Libby assisted her in her work for almost the whole 2 hours).  (And BTW, if it sounds like a luxury to have a gardener, it is...but I think I would give up the money out of my grocery budget if I had to.  It is AMAZING to have someone else do the weeding and yard cleanup for you.  I got Ben's curtains made yesterday while she worked.)
I held the salamander after I watched Ben and Libby both hold it.  It was totally still for them.  As soon as I put it in my hand it started crawling up my arm.  I kind of freaked out.  Okay, I totally freaked out.  I don't like things crawling on me.
We put it down on the back deck.  Libby came in to ask if I could "Look up on the internet what lizards eat so we can feed our new pet."  I helped her look.  When we went back out, Sammy Salamander had wisely found a new place to hide.   But, in honor of our Salamander, we did a recording of the song for Soren and Emily this morning.  

2 comments:

Debbi said...

That was so awesome! Love the story and the fantastic performance. Such talented girls!

Mrs. B said...

Oh my gosh! They know the whole song! I love how sad they get when they sing "but I'm not a salamander". I also love hearing them say " Mercedes Benz ". The dancing was top notch. Fantastic!